Fry and water changes

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tacoeater

Aquarium Advice Activist
I have some almost two week old fry in a breeder net style housing inside my main tank, how do I go about to continuing my water changes? I don't have a spare tank. I get really close to matching up the water temp and use Prime on my weekly water changes. Don't want to shock them in any way. Thanks.

This will be the first wc since they have been in the breeder net in my main tank. Do I put them in a container with aquarium water and do my usual wc and then put them back in?

First I would recommend doing a 50% weekly PWC. It will make you fry grow faster and look better it the long run.

As for as how to do the PWC, keep the fry in the tank but makesure the waterline doesn't go below the breeder net. If it does temporarily lower the net so the fry stay in the water.

I have some almost two week old fry in a breeder net style housing inside my main tank, how do I go about to continuing my water changes? I don't have a spare tank. I get really close to matching up the water temp and use Prime on my weekly water changes. Don't want to shock them in any way. Thanks.
This is what i do, i use a floating breeding trap(Marina Brand) very cheap. I use my algae magnets to secure it to the side of my main tank and when i do my PWC(50%) i just higher/lower it with the magnets as needed..

Back
Top Bottom