German Blue Ram Experts!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Imat

Aquarium Advice Regular
Ok. Give me all the info you got! i have done some research but I want personal experience.
I currently have two female GBR's. The first few days the seemed to be fighting (territorial like). One seemed to be attacking the other and i was a little worried that the one would kill the other. Now they are doing fine and swimming the tank together. As if they are a pair. Is this normal behavior for two females? I was thinking about getting two males but am wondering if I should. I know they do better in pairs.... Does that mean M/F or just two rams (doesn't matter the gender)?

I have a 55gallon tank with 6 oto cats
14 neon tetras
8 black neon tetras
2 GBRs

I have really enjoyed these rams. They are awesome!

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

A pair is typically a male and a female. Sometimes it means a male and a female that have spawned at least once.

The two females would be fine. If you want to you could add a male. If you add two males and they will probably fight unless they can both establish territories which may be possible in a 4ft tank.

Id like to get them to pair up....... And am worried about getting one male because one females will be left out.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Back
Top Bottom