Ghost shrimp

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Wiggles24

Aquarium Advice Addict
I am not new to shrimp but I am new to these guys. I got some and I am wondering where to put them do they get along with Rcs type shrimp or will they kill them?

My 2 ghost shrimp 33 cents/ea from petsmart did well in a 10 gallon with a sunset gourami/platy/rasbora/guppy/cory Ghosty and Ray Jr were shy at first but then would come up to grab flakes with the rest of the fish. I had a few small endlers, when they died I found the shrimp eating their remains. (i don't think the shrimp killed them)

I decided to get some RCS so I moved Ghosty and Ray Jr. to my 29 gallon as I had read that they would eat the juvie RCS. Unfortunately I can't the ghost shrimp anymore. I think they may have been eaten, I am suspecting my Ram may have been the culprit. otherwise maybe the larger 3 opaline gourami. I have no idea. I am still hopeful that they are just hiding, but these hopes are fading . . .

Ghost shrimp won't eat adult RCS. They might find baby RCS to be a nice snack though. If you don't mind less productive breeding, then mixing the two shouldn't be a problem.

--Adeeb

Back
Top Bottom