Ghost shrimp babies

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Dyl1234

Aquarium Advice FINatic
My ghost shrimp had babies!!!!!!!!! Any info on how to raise them etc? They are tiny!!!

That could work. I would use a sponge filter if you aren't already using one

That could work. I would use a sponge filter if you aren't already using one

I'd second that but don't use any filter for zebra danio fry if you ever have any everyone told me it would be fine got one woke up the next day was down from 50 to 7 and I watched for about 20 minutes and saw 3 get sucked in. They are way tiny though .

image-2971427910.jpg

image-1740204633.jpg

image-3016967404.jpg

image-3038093817.jpg

image-2390479815.jpg

image-2594337186.jpg

Here are some pics of my babies and pregnant shrimp

good luck with them especially since the mortality rate is so high. furthermore, babies require brackish water. so i would recommend add some marine salt into your tank ASAP

Thanks I have about 4 preg females now. I have seen many sites recommend salt and others do not. But I do use aquarium salt. It almost looks like epson salt.

It doesn't bother me too much about a few dying. I didn't buy them intending on them to breed. So it's a plus if they survive! They are very interesting to watch.

I've have great success raising baby ghost shrimp without much trouble at all. I did not need brackish water or any kind of special food. I just kept mine in a tank with some mossballs, a sponge filter, and a heater. Every few days i would soak a small piece of an algae wafer in some water until it was all cloudy and soupy. I would then just dump it into the tank. I literally only lost about 2 of them during the whole process. They are all about half an inch long now and doing great

Another thing you can do is grind up some flakes, wafers, shrimp pellets, etc and sprinkle some into your filter's water stream. I do that for my shrimp tank every so often, but you can also just use a turkey baster to squirt some in a particular area depending on your tank size and such.

Back
Top Bottom