Ghost shrimp with ADF?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Goldfish loach boy

Aquarium Advice Addict
Can a single African dwarf frog be housed with four ghost shrimp, or even 3 ghost shrimp?
I'm also adding an apple snail if that matters
Thanks!

Can a single African dwarf frog be housed with four ghost shrimp, or even 3 ghost shrimp?
I'm also adding an apple snail if that matters
Thanks!

This is not a good idea. ADFs are social creatures and need to be housed in groups. Ghost shrimp may injure the frogs and bioload wise it isnt really a great plan. Sorry :(

Oh geez, ok I guess not then

Thanks! I'll probably go with the shrimp then, will 4 or 5 be ok in a 5 gallon?

What?! Really!

I'm also adding one apple snail, 1 or 2 nerite snails when algae starts appearing, and one betta, will at least 10 of them be ok?

What?! Really!

I'm also adding one apple snail, 1 or 2 nerite snails when algae starts appearing, and one betta, will at least 10 of them be ok?

Yea. Personally I wouldnt do the snails but other people think it is ok. I think the snails are too dirty for that size tank.

I have a filter for 8 gallons and do water changes twice a week, I mean they are dirty but with the filtration, the weekly water changes, and a lot of live plants I think it'll be ok no?

I have a filter for 8 gallons and do water changes twice a week, I mean they are dirty but with the filtration, the weekly water changes, and a lot of live plants I think it'll be ok no?
Probably. My brother had one nerite in a 20 gallon that crapped everywhere but you could probably do it.

Shrimp and betta and snails can escape. I wouod definetlybget a top.

I do have a top, but it's because of my bamboo, I think I might be able to make a hole in it for the bamboo to fit

Back
Top Bottom