Ghost shrimp with cherry shrimp

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

YaBuddyHuddie

Aquarium Advice Freak
Can they coexist? I already had 12+ cherry shrimp in my 29 gallon planted and my girlfriend went to petsmart and bought this ghost shrimp for her .5 gallon betta tank (no filtration). After I told her it couldn't survive in there, I'm left with a dilemma: what to do with it? I went ahead an put it in my 29 gallon about an hour ago and it has behaved thus far. It hasn't bothered my cherries. But will it eventually? I really love the cherries and don't want them killed. I'm more than happy to keep the ghost in there if he'll leave everything else alone, but will he?

i have 2 ghost shrimp living in my 20g with rcs, guppies, and an angel fish with no probs other than slight predation of babies...

Can they coexist? I already had 12+ cherry shrimp in my 29 gallon planted and my girlfriend went to petsmart and bought this ghost shrimp for her .5 gallon betta tank (no filtration). After I told her it couldn't survive in there, I'm left with a dilemma: what to do with it? I went ahead an put it in my 29 gallon about an hour ago and it has behaved thus far. It hasn't bothered my cherries. But will it eventually? I really love the cherries and don't want them killed. I'm more than happy to keep the ghost in there if he'll leave everything else alone, but will he?

Ghost shrimp are carnivores, so you may see the ghost shrimp prey on some red cherry shrimp, especially when the ghost shrimp gets full grown.

Well it died anyway...
I had it in a one gallon and when I woke up this morning it was on its back like a dead roach.
Sad, but honestly it saves me some grief.

Back
Top Bottom