Golden Apple Snail help please

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

earhtmother

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Well the first batch of eggs has hatched Unfortunately I have been laid up for a week and was going to try and limp my way around today to clean tanks but the babies came first. Now I need help figuring our how I'm going to clean the tank bottom without sucking up babies. It's a bare bottom 20g fry tank that probably should have been cleaned 10 days ago but a knee Infection has had me laid up. All suggestions welcome

The babies are usually stuck to the bottom pretty well. Try hovering a far from the bottom as possible but still able to pick up debris. Before emptying the bucket check for water slide riders. Use a bucket if possible that they will be easy to see. If you feed in one spot about a half hour before vacuuming they will be out of the way.

Thanks T
I really wasn't planning on "breeding", actually wasn't planning on getting any more snails at all but they were a mercy bid at the end of a club auction who promptly showed their gratitude by gifting me with 2 egg bundles. I use white buckets for both my fry & shrimp tank cleanings to prevent throwing out anyone and also do a couple of bucket switchs since the shrimp seem to be particularly good at hiding in any mulm collected

Back
Top Bottom