Haloween crabs. Terrarium help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Mist and I have a water/air thing that I can't think of the name right now.
It's the blue thing on the right of the tank. Fill it with water and then there's a air line into the container with an airstone and then an air line that brings out moist air. I actually made one after I bought this one for the QT. This is the crabitat at one time...I've re-rearranged it several time now. Actually the tank in the photo is now my sump (in progress) for my 29g SW tank :)

DSC_0354.jpg

Oh, and I forgot to mention... if you keep the food picked up and keep the poop scooped, mold isn't a problem. I clean all the sand about every other month by sifting it and then if I do see a problem, I spread it out in glass pans and bake it to kill bacteria.

I saw a member of APC keep and actually BREED sucessfully Halloween crabs in a purely freshwater Paludarium. He's on his 4th generation of crabs now. Anyways, in my old treefrog tank I had a misting system. I just flipped the switch and let it do its thing. I forget what it was called though.

http://www.aquaticplantcentral.com/forumapc/paludariums/72051-30-gallon-paludarium-how-journal.html

edit: nvm, not halloween crabs but he goes very in depth into paludarium making. He has another purely freshwater crab in there.

I saw a member of APC keep and actually BREED sucessfully Halloween crabs in a purely freshwater Paludarium. He's on his 4th generation of crabs now. Anyways, in my old treefrog tank I had a misting system. I just flipped the switch and let it do its thing. I forget what it was called though.

30 Gallon Paludarium: How to and Journal - Paludariums - Aquatic Plant Central

edit: nvm, not halloween crabs but he goes very in depth into paludarium making. He has another purely freshwater crab in there.

Wow, thanks for the link. Is that the link with the breeding crabs? BTW vampire crabs are just as cool.

Back
Top Bottom