Hardscape for Shrimp Tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Did you say no to DW?

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

No worries, driftwood.

I'm sitting here thinking and thinking and all of a sudden I realized you mean driftwood, right?

If that's the case, yes I did not see a good use for DW in this setup.

Maybe some nicely shaped manzanita dw would look good in there. They could be the charred remnants of the old lava flow. With a moss and a viney plant growing on them. You've got alot of cool options. Overall, do you like that aquarium so far? Im thinking about getting one.

I wont press on the dw anymore:) I know you've already got a vision for it.

First off, questions are good, toss them all at me. It doesn't bother me at all.

Now for my very limited experience with drift wood. I love the look and idea of drift wood so was really looking forward to using it in one of my other setups. However in a small tank you have to use a small piece. That means this piece of expertly placed DW is Very easily disturbed. Any time I did maintenance on the plants in the tank I ran the high risk of bumping the DW. I found it to be frustrating.

This setup is even smaller and while I want to fill this layout with interesting features and am wanting to have much of the volume filled with plants I also want leaf litter for the shrimp and looking from the shrimps perspective, it seems like things like bushy moss will give them more surface area and hiding places.

All that said, I am working up a plan for a small tank that does include DW. I will accomplish this by glueing the rocks and DW together which will bring stability.

Lava Rock

Just asking where did you get that lava rock it looks really nice and i might want to get some

Whitewater rock & supply. I live about a half hour from them. This is where I pick out all my tank rocks. Also got some pink Quartz to go with my wife's pink danios.

Back
Top Bottom