Help for a newbie - sorry it's long

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

earhtmother

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I have a 65 with guppies & cherrys, yellow blue shrimp & amano shrimp
I admit the shrimp started as an "ooo let's try this" moment that just turned out right but I love them. Yes they have interbred as I see colour morphs I KNOW weren't there originally but I don't mind the mutts. What I am curious about though is if the Amano will hunt the smaller ones? Someone told me no but I I saw one eating a cherry guy the other day (although I did NOT see the *hunt*) & now I am wondering of I am promoting cannibalism or whether the cherry was was dead/dying & the amano was *doing what comes naturally*

On a different but related note a girlfriend has a 3 gal *aqua-ponics* tank & would like 7 of my shrimp to replace the deceased betta that was living in it. This raises a few questions for me since tiny tanks have never been something I've been interested in.
1 ) Can the shrimp survive without additional heat as I am pretty sure there is NO heater
2) What, what quantity & how often should she feed them? Mine eat the flake, NorthFin veggie pellets & NorthFin kelp wafers I throw in for the rest of the tank inhabitants so have never had to worry about specifics.

THANKS

Back
Top Bottom