help!!! ghost shrimp babies

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

clowninaround

Aquarium Advice Activist
I moved mom berried yesterday to her own ten gallon tank. The eggs were still green but I could see black spots in them. I check one her today and I see a baby floating around!!!!! Do I remove her? I thought she would carry the babies under her tail for a bit? What do I feed them?

Not giving up that easy! I got to figure out that special diet!

48 hours and we are still going strong!! Keeping our fingers crossed. I read if we can keep them going till day three they should be ok!

ghost shrimp

my ghost shrimp is preggo all i had done is have an algae filled taink with alot of plants i will probably not see the babys cause of all the hiding places but have alot of algae pond water is best from outside alot of hiding places but there defanentaly going to live done it before ill do it now:cool:

I can't really tell yet I would guess she was holding 20 or so eggs ...I just counted 10 I see floating around.

48 hours and we are still going strong!! Keeping our fingers crossed. I read if we can keep them going till day three they should be ok!

Keep them fingers crossed(y). BTW ... any pictures? Ghost shrimp hatch larvae so I'd be curious to see what they look like.

I've had ghost shrimp babies before, they didn't make it because I think I put too much salt in the aquarium. Recommendation, Put them in a one gallon fish bowl and put about one teaspoon of iodized salt(iodine helps them build their shells) and feed them whatever you feed them. Good Luck(y)

Welllllllll. Babies were alive and kicking still this AM.. now I can't find a single one. Not sure if they died or just real good hidden. I will leave the tank empty for a bit and see if any resurface. Today is day three!!!

Heopfully just hiding.. I know my red cherry shrimplets can hide very well, and I have them in is a 1 gallon bare bottom critter keeper.. It's a good thing they can hid, fish love to eat 'em!

Was hiding! !!!! Babies are live and moving around catching food!!

Back
Top Bottom