HELP w/ Berried red cherry shrimp

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Lokismom808

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hi all, I have one red cherry shrimp that is carrying eggs and I want to move her into a separate tank. I have four RCS in a 2.5 gallon tank with 4 adult endlers and about six endler fry. I had my other RCS give birth recently and I know I saw some baby shrimp but now they are all gone. My question is will the pregnant RCS drop her eggs if I attempt to move her now? Should I risk it or should I leave her where she is a hopefully some will survive? My tank is heavily planted but the endler fry seems to get into areas that I think the baby shrimp would tend to hide. What do you think? Appreciated any advice. Mahalo

image-1861554778.jpg

image-3846435829.jpg

I wouldn't move her. try using a breeder net inside the tank, and have her in it with some moss.

aluka said:
I wouldn't move her. try using a breeder net inside the tank, and have her in it with some moss.

Excellent idea! Didn't think of that Thanx so much Aluka

parrottbay said:
How did it work out?

Sad to say but all my RCS disappeared after I put they in a breeder box :(.
They were doing fine by I noticed the food stick I fed them weren't touched so I went to investigate( since I had a lot of moss in with them ) and all I saw were little bits of cherry shrimps. I'm so bummed think I'm going to give up for a while...

Back
Top Bottom