Help! What is coming out of my snail?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ocminpin

Aquarium Advice Addict
What is coming out of my snail?! Is he a SHE and planting an egg sack? Do I need to hurry and lower water level so babies don't drown?? How weird it looks! This is my first snail... Help please!

image-2201374953.jpg

ilovefish7 said:
I am pretty sure that is just poop.

I discovered that over the entire day he/she was attached to water line... Later on hours and hours later I found it on the gravel... All is well.
Weird considering I don't feed all that often because I don't want to foul the tank...
This is the first time I've seen the snail on the wall of the tank... Is that a good sign?
When I chose the snail at Petsmart I made sure to pick one who was crawling on the wall...

My snails are on the walls, gravel really everywhere lol it's nothing too worry about :)

It hasn't moved since last night where it dropped to the gravel... Shell is slightly pinkish on 1/3 of it.. Odd..

Take it out, and smell it. If it's got a horrific smell, then it's dead. I've had mystery snails not move for days, and then suddenly start cruising around. I had one bob around on the surface of the water, getting pushed around by the flowing filter, for days, too, and it was just fine. They're funny creatures lol

Liz_H said:
Take it out, and smell it. If it's got a horrific smell, then it's dead. I've had mystery snails not move for days, and then suddenly start cruising around. I had one bob around on the surface of the water, getting pushed around by the flowing filter, for days, too, and it was just fine. They're funny creatures lol

It wouldnt be able to attach to the wall if it was dead...
Today laying on side but in and out of shell in same position...

ocminpin said:
Looks like he/she is fine! First time I've seen it completely out! Is that it's siphon for air sticking up?

Yep, they look huge! Lol

I had one bob around on the surface of the water, getting pushed around by the flowing filter, for days, too, and it was just fine. They're funny creatures lol

Probably thought he was in the wild and the current would move him to a different spot downstream faster than he could slither.

"Whatchu doin' man?"
"Movin' "

Back
Top Bottom