Hikari crab cuisine

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

shellyx

Aquarium Advice Addict
Hi does anyone use this for their shrimp? Just wondering bought it and it says containing copper sulfate? Any feedback would be great :)

Copper isn't bad for shrimp in low doses. It is NEEDED to produce their blood products. I bet your water contains more copper than the food has in it. Many of the vegetables we feed has trace amounts in it too.

I feed it to my shrimp with no issues.

Copper isn't bad for shrimp in low doses. It is NEEDED to produce their blood products. I bet your water contains more copper than the food has in it. Many of the vegetables we feed has trace amounts in it too.

I feed it to my shrimp with no issues.

Just wanted to make sure, how often do you feed it? Thanks

It's safe to feed it every day if you'd want to, it won't harm your shrimp. I feed every other day and I rotate between:

-Hakari shrimp granules
-Hakari crab cuisine
-Hakari Massiovre Delite
-NLS h20 stable algae wafers
-Kens's veggie sticks with calcium
-Rapashy Shrimp soufflé
-Blood worms
-Blanched zucchini
- Dried seaweed

I put in the following for the shrimp to forage on in between feedings:

-Indian Almond leafs
-Alders Cones
-Alders leafs
-Nettle leafs

It's safe to feed it every day if you'd want to, it won't harm your shrimp. I feed every other day and I rotate between:

-Hakari shrimp granules
-Hakari crab cuisine
-Hakari Massiovre Delite
-NLS h20 stable algae wafers
-Kens's veggie sticks with calcium
-Rapashy Shrimp soufflé
-Blood worms
-Blanched zucchini
- Dried seaweed

I put in the following for the shrimp to forage on in between feedings:

-Indian Almond leafs
-Alders Cones
-Alders leafs
-Nettle leafs

Your shrimp are well fed lol you have gave me some great ideas for feeding thank you:)

Hi,
thanks for the info for your thread!

I use the Shrimp Cuisine, though I may buy some crab cuisine as I now have a couple, plus I hear people using it often for their shrimp...don't know if that is because it is more widely available, older or preferred!

My shrimp go crazy for the Hikari omnivore sinking wafers. Especially the Amanos. For that mater, the little crabs grab them and it looks like they are eating a hamburger!!!LOL

I will be adding a couple more things for them to munch, in particular some with Spirulina and Astaxanthin (a carotenoid) For color.

Also use an occasional dab of the Hikari first bites, like a fine granulation and the shrimp love picking through the plants and moss for it. Just watch out as a little goes a long way. Suggest using a dry chopstick point or end of flat toothpick to get a small amount to feed.

Have just started trying blanched foods like spinach, and zucchini.

One of the shrimp guys from the lfs, said he feeds them the ends and scraps from his veggies and doesn't even blanch them. Green veggies, but also peppers and I think he said carrots...and said they love green beans.?!? He has hundreds RCS in a 29G on the kitchen counter, lives in Boulder, so maybe eats all organic anyway?! Also said he feeds them cooked rice. I missed his work day when I went in last week to get more info about all that and ferts and mineral supplements! (miscommunication on lfs part) :(

Willing to try a little experimenting with the Cherry shrimp first.

I will be adding a couple more things for them to munch, in particular some with Spirulina and Astaxanthin (a carotenoid) For color.

I would not mess around with feeding pure Astaxanthin it can have strange effects on shrimp colors. If you are feeding your shrimp this and then sell it to someone who doesn't know that you are feeding it and do not continue to feed it the color they gain from the Astaxanthin will be lost. This can also lead to people reacting negatively and saying you are selling "enhanced shrimp". Most food designed for invertebrates has trace amounts of Astaxanthin in it already and there's no need to add more to their diets. If you have a quality strain to begin with there's no need to feed special color enhancers, just feed a balanced and varied diet.

I would be leery of anything thing a LFS employee tells you, there's no way of knowing if they are being serious or just pulling your chain. I would only feed food designed for the specific animal group and not mess around with a bunch of other stuff. It's not fair to the animal to experiment on them.

Hi,
thanks for the info for your thread!

I use the Shrimp Cuisine, though I may buy some crab cuisine as I now have a couple, plus I hear people using it often for their shrimp...don't know if that is because it is more widely available, older or preferred!

My shrimp go crazy for the Hikari omnivore sinking wafers. Especially the Amanos. For that mater, the little crabs grab them and it looks like they are eating a hamburger!!!LOL

Also use an occasional dab of the Hikari first bites, like a fine granulation and the shrimp love picking through the plants and moss for it. Just watch out as a little goes a long way. Suggest using a dry chopstick point or end of flat toothpick to get a small amount to feed.

Have just started trying blanched foods like spinach, and zucchini.

One of the shrimp guys from the lfs, said he feeds them the ends and scraps from his veggies and doesn't even blanch them. Green veggies, but also peppers and I think he said carrots...and said they love green beans.?!? He has hundreds RCS in a 29G on the kitchen counter, lives in Boulder, so maybe eats all organic anyway?! Also said he feeds them cooked rice. I missed his work day when I went in last week to get more info about all that and ferts and mineral supplements! (miscommunication on lfs part) :(

Willing to try a little experimenting with the Cherry shrimp first.

No problem :) i have tried blanched cucumber, spinach and kale they seem to really like them. Mine love the Hikari wafers with spirulina and bloodworms. I think i will try the first bites seen them on ebay. I didn't realise there was so much food to choose from, my lfs doesn't sell any shrimp food except algae wafers. I have seen frozen food for inverts not to sure what's in it I, ll take a look the next time I'm there. Thanks:)

No problem :) i have tried blanched cucumber, spinach and kale they seem to really like them. Mine love the Hikari wafers with spirulina and bloodworms. I think i will try the first bites seen them on ebay. I didn't realise there was so much food to choose from, my lfs doesn't sell any shrimp food except algae wafers. I have seen frozen food for inverts not to sure what's in it I, ll take a look the next time I'm there. Thanks:)

The only problem with first bites is you can't remove any uneaten food and there is a potential of degrading the water quality. I wouldn't recommend feeding it.

The only problem with first bites is you can't remove any uneaten food and there is a potential of degrading the water quality. I wouldn't recommend feeding it.

That's fine I,ll just stick to what i have at the moment, I'm going to start the crab cuisine hopefully they'll like it lol they've ate everything else I, ve gave them!

That's fine I,ll just stick to what i have at the moment, I'm going to start the crab cuisine hopefully they'll like it lol they've ate everything else I, ve gave them!

Incase you were curious of the difference.

Shrimp Ingredients
Fish Meal, Dehydrated Alfalfa Meal, Cuttlefish Meal, Heat Processed Soybeans, Dried Seaweed Meal, Flaked Corn, Sodium Alginate, Brewer's Dried Yeast, Spirulina, Wheat Germ Meal, Starch, Cuttlefish Oil, Lecithin, Clam Extract, Dl-Methionine, Astaxanthin, Choline Chloride, , Vitamin E Supplement, L-Ascorbyl-2-Polyphosphate (Stabilized Vitamin C), Inositol, Calcium Pantothenate, Riboflavin, Vitamin A Oil, Thiamine Mononitrate, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, Niacin, Menadione Sodium Bisulfite Complex (Source Of Vitamin K), Folic Acid, Vitamin D3 Supplement, Biotin, Ferrous Sulfate, Magnesium Sulfate, Zinc Sulfate, Manganese Sulfate, Cobalt Sulfate, Copper Sulfate, Calcium Iodate.

Guaranteed Analysis
Crude Protein 35.0% min.
Crude Fat 9.0% min.
Crude Fiber 6.0% max.
Moisture 10.0% max.
Crude Ash 14.0% max.
Phosphorus 0.8% min.

Crab Ingredients
Fish Meal, Flaked Corn, Wheat Flour, Rice Bran, Soybean Meal, Gluten Meal, Krill Meal, Fish Oil, Brewers Dried Yeast, Dl-Methionine, Garlic, Canthaxanthin, Astaxanthin, Choline Chloride, L-Ascorbyl-2-Polyphosphate (Stabilized Vitamin C), Inositol, Riboflavin, Thiamine Mononitrate, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, Niacin, Vitamin B12 Supplement, Ferrous Sulfate, Magnesium Sulfate, Zinc Sulfate, Manganese Sulfate, Cobalt Sulfate, Calcium Iodate, Sodium Acid Pyrophosphate, Salt.

Guaranteed Analysis
Crude Protein 31.0% min.
Crude Fat 4.0% min.
Crude Fiber 3.0% max.
Moisture 10.0% max.
Crude Ash 9.0% max.
Phosphorus 0.7% min.

Incase you were curious of the difference.

Shrimp Ingredients
Fish Meal, Dehydrated Alfalfa Meal, Cuttlefish Meal, Heat Processed Soybeans, Dried Seaweed Meal, Flaked Corn, Sodium Alginate, Brewer's Dried Yeast, Spirulina, Wheat Germ Meal, Starch, Cuttlefish Oil, Lecithin, Clam Extract, Dl-Methionine, Astaxanthin, Choline Chloride, , Vitamin E Supplement, L-Ascorbyl-2-Polyphosphate (Stabilized Vitamin C), Inositol, Calcium Pantothenate, Riboflavin, Vitamin A Oil, Thiamine Mononitrate, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, Niacin, Menadione Sodium Bisulfite Complex (Source Of Vitamin K), Folic Acid, Vitamin D3 Supplement, Biotin, Ferrous Sulfate, Magnesium Sulfate, Zinc Sulfate, Manganese Sulfate, Cobalt Sulfate, Copper Sulfate, Calcium Iodate.

Guaranteed Analysis
Crude Protein 35.0% min.
Crude Fat 9.0% min.
Crude Fiber 6.0% max.
Moisture 10.0% max.
Crude Ash 14.0% max.
Phosphorus 0.8% min.

Crab Ingredients
Fish Meal, Flaked Corn, Wheat Flour, Rice Bran, Soybean Meal, Gluten Meal, Krill Meal, Fish Oil, Brewers Dried Yeast, Dl-Methionine, Garlic, Canthaxanthin, Astaxanthin, Choline Chloride, L-Ascorbyl-2-Polyphosphate (Stabilized Vitamin C), Inositol, Riboflavin, Thiamine Mononitrate, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, Niacin, Vitamin B12 Supplement, Ferrous Sulfate, Magnesium Sulfate, Zinc Sulfate, Manganese Sulfate, Cobalt Sulfate, Calcium Iodate, Sodium Acid Pyrophosphate, Salt.

Guaranteed Analysis
Crude Protein 31.0% min.
Crude Fat 4.0% min.
Crude Fiber 3.0% max.
Moisture 10.0% max.
Crude Ash 9.0% max.
Phosphorus 0.7% min.

It's amazing the amount of ingredients that go into this!

Back
Top Bottom