How long can i keep snails in a bowl?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bearchumjs

Aquarium Advice Addict
I'm going on vacation. There is a LFS there that has olive and horned nerite snails. If I bought a couple to bring home with me how long could I keep them in a bowl or jar? I'd drop in an algae wafer or two beforehand. I'd be bringing them home on a plane and would put them in my aquarium as soon as I got home. I may need to get them a few days before I leave to come home though, so would keeping them in a covered bowl or jar be ok?

Bearchumjs said:
I'm going on vacation. There is a LFS there that has olive and horned nerite snails. If I bought a couple to bring home with me how long could I keep them in a bowl or jar? I'd drop in an algae wafer or two beforehand. I'd be bringing them home on a plane and would put them in my aquarium as soon as I got home. I may need to get them a few days before I leave to come home though, so would keeping them in a covered bowl or jar be ok?

Um, I'm questioning if you can bring them on a plane. Check FAA regulations. And don't sneak them lol. But I think they should be ok in ajar.

Actually.. Shipping? Could you ship then to yourself if bringing them on a plane is out of the question?

Chiroptera said:
Actually.. Shipping? Could you ship then to yourself if bringing them on a plane is out of the question?

I suppose I could... That's an option I hadn't thought about. Will they be fine for 5-10 days in the mail?

Bearchumjs said:
I suppose I could... That's an option I hadn't thought about. Will they be fine for 5-10 days in the mail?

Ergh.. Not sure. I've never had something alive be shipped that long.

Back
Top Bottom