How often do I feed my RCS

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

skargo2009

Aquarium Advice Activist
I've never owned shrimp before so I'm not sure how often I need to feed them. I have about 10 RCS in with 4 male guppies. I've had them for just 3 days

I feed mine 1/2 an algae wafer every couple of days. They really eat anything, so just throw some food in every couple days. They really like veggies, so maybe blanch a cucumber slice every now and then and sink it.

I've never owned shrimp before so I'm not sure how often I need to feed them. I have about 10 RCS in with 4 male guppies. I've had them for just 3 days

They are scavengers, but will not thrive without a steady food source. They will eat any leftover fish food, veggies that are blanched, algae wafers, etc. However, as someone who used to keep Endler's together with shrimp, be very aware of how much the fish are eating vs the shrimp. There are very few fish that are totally "shrimp safe". A guppy will take a run at a shrimp if it feels like it could get a meal!

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

They are scavengers, but will not thrive without a steady food source. They will eat any leftover fish food, veggies that are blanched, algae wafers, etc. However, as someone who used to keep Endler's together with shrimp, be very aware of how much the fish are eating vs the shrimp. There are very few fish that are totally "shrimp safe". A guppy will take a run at a shrimp if it feels like it could get a meal!

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

My guppies totally ignore my shrimp. They even eat from the same algae wafer with no issues.

Back
Top Bottom