How to remove worms

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

trOPPO

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I noticed worms in my gravel so I stopped feeding fish for 4 days and still I had worms.. so I did a gravel vacuum and to my horror I had literally thousands of them. Please help

I noticed worms in my gravel so I stopped feeding fish for 4 days and still I had worms.. so I did a gravel vacuum and to my horror I had literally thousands of them. Please help

Hello tr...

If you're keeping the tank clear of dissolved nitrogen from the fish waste, you don't need to be concerned about a few worms. If the tank is very clean, the worms are very likely a form of Planaria. Most aquarium fish will have these for lunch.

A less than clean tank can be a home to other worms that aren't so harmless. If this is your tank, then start and stick to a more aggressive water change routine. Work up to the point you remove and replace most of the tank water every week. Your fish will stay healthy and the chances of a healthy fish being infected by something is remote.

B

Thankyou for feedback:). Just to confirm so u got an imsgr^^^. These are on ?

Back
Top Bottom