I just killed my snail...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

GoldfishJoey

Aquarium Advice Freak
Ugh... I didn't know snails could float from time to time... My snail was out and about for a while and then I noticed he was floating yesterday. So I threw him out in the trash. Didn't think of anything I thought maybe it died bc of age or something. I've never seen a snail float before. I read up on it and realized he's done this before and I left him in the tank and he went back to work. Ugh I feel like the worst snail keeper ever. :/

GoldfishJoey said:
Ugh... I didn't know snails could float from time to time... My snail was out and about for a while and then I noticed he was floating yesterday. So I threw him out in the trash. Didn't think of anything I thought maybe it died bc of age or something. I've never seen a snail float before. I read up on it and realized he's done this before and I left him in the tank and he went back to work. Ugh I feel like the worst snail keeper ever. :/

Awww man :(

GoldfishJoey said:

oops lol. It's ok. Don't stress it, your a good snail keeper ;)

Keep on keepin....

GoldfishJoey said:
Thanks!! Well... Now I don't have any snails. :( lol... I'm such a dork.

I have some, actually a lot lol. My mystery snails breed like mad... Wonder how much it would cost to ship ya some :)

Convict2161 said:
Nah... Your not a dork lol. It happens. Cute dogs btw...

Haha... Thanks!!! My dogs like to run my life with there "let me in, let me out, give me food or snacks..." Repeat times ten through out the day. I had to give them a bath today... If looks could kill they would have killed me about 10 times. Haha... There a handful but there good guard dogs. :) at least I'm good at keeping dogs then snails. Lol

AndrewsPistol said:
I have some, actually a lot lol. My mystery snails breed like mad... Wonder how much it would cost to ship ya some :)

I would love some! Only problem would be I'm flying out of CA and heading to Ohio and driving back home. So I can't commit to anything right now. Maybe when I can back I can catch up with you and see if we can work something out. I like snails. :)

GoldfishJoey said:
I would love some! Only problem would be I'm flying out of CA and heading to Ohio and driving back home. So I can't commit to anything right now. Maybe when I can back I can catch up with you and see if we can work something out. I like snails. :)

For sure! I have a million Haha, they aren't goin anywhere :) just let me know!

Convict2161 said:
I need pic of said dead snail :)

Awe... :/ said dead snail is in the trash can and I'm not digging through it... Especially after my filter changes.... Gross!! Lol...

Yeah I had a terrible run with zebra nerites...I couldn't seem to keep the ones I bought alive, and all of a sudden baby snails started emerging in my tank that never even had snails in it, and I have no idea where they came from :lol: LFS plants, I'm guessing.

lelouchzeta said:
Yeah I had a terrible run with zebra nerites...I couldn't seem to keep the ones I bought alive, and all of a sudden baby snails started emerging in my tank that never even had snails in it, and I have no idea where they came from :lol: LFS plants, I'm guessing.

Awe... Well at least you still had some luck with baby snails. They made up for your zebra nerites passing... But most likely from the plants. I haven't ha any run ins with having baby snails in my tank. I only ha one snail.... I dont know what type it was either... Hmm...

Convict2161 said:
If it makes ya feel any better I found a snail on the table right near my 8 gallon saltwater tank.

Haha... Makes me feel much better... (((sigh))) :( poor snail. Lol.

GoldfishJoey said:
Haha... Makes me feel much better... (((sigh))) :( poor snail. Lol.

Here's one for ya. As I was typing that one of my African Cichlids decided to jump outta my tank and flop around the floor. I got him back in. That's never happened lol that's what I get right?

If it makes you feel better, I was counting guppies and accidentally flipped over the net, dropping a young male on the carpet. Picking him up is how I discovered another juvie guppy, this one dead and shriveled up.

Convict2161 said:
Here's one for ya. As I was typing that one of my African Cichlids decided to jump outta my tank and flop around the floor. I got him back in. That's never happened lol that's what I get right?

Poor cichlid. Karma... For laughing at me. :)

Back
Top Bottom