invert stocking for 55g

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I took the plunge ordered alot of stuff fron different ones.. lol

Homeless Aquatics
5 sakura red shrimp
5 blueberry sulawesi shrimp
4 yellow tylo. Rabbit snails
2 chocolate tylo snails
2 white spot tylo snails
3 cholla cactus woods

People from my other page

6 yellow neos ( different tank)
10 water sprite plants
2 dark foot purple mystery snails

Already got
4 or 5 Red ramshorn snails
3 or 4 baby pond snails
Handful ranshorns snails for cray tank
Handful of fire painted shrimp

;) cant wait to get them all in
Now just need a few more shrimp and some orange poso snails

That sounds awesome...did homeless aquatics not have any orange post snails

$7 wc only... figured wild caught would be alittle more difficult to acclimate so i skipped out on them this time... then there seems to be mixed reviews on if tylo snails eat.plants the site i searched beore purchasing said no very plant safe now i have read not plant safe so guess ill see soon

Hmmm interesting I'm going to have to look in on that...and definatley keep us updated on wether they do or not

Do the rabbit snails breed a lot or are they kind of like assassins...will breed just not very often as if there is enough food

Been researching the shrimp i got.. although i order what was listed as blueberry homebred sulawesi shrimp i fully believe they are just malawa shrimp :( i love them though just wish i wouldnt have paid as much each shrimp as i did for them..

Here is one if the sites i used for this .. my shrimp look identical to the top 2 photos.. He was selling malawa shrimp that were the dark brown the article explains so i think he truly believes they are different which i guess he could be right although the only info he could give me was caridina sulawesi

http://www.petshrimp.com/malawashrimp.php

sulawesi shrimps are better off on there own tank because the ph is supposed to be a lot higher than cherries and are hard to breed and to care especially for a beginner you shoulda have gotten tiger shrimps or babaulti shrimps for they are easy to breed, wont interbreed with your shrimps or each other, and are beautiful

Im gonna get the baublti greens once i can find them.. so far the blueberries are fine.. the guy said they were as easy as the rcs when i got them not like the crs.. so far so good which i know i havent had them but a week hard to find info on them since these are a newer strain.. i have only found them for sale at 2 places ... my ph is on the higher side anyway

So could i still get the tiger shrimp and not have any worries about crossbreeding even if i add the baublti greens ? Some of this is alittle confusing.. i keep reading stuff but sometimes it says may mix with certain shrimp...

Back
Top Bottom