invertebrates for my stocking plan?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

AquaticBob

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hello, I am planning a 29 gallon Amazon biotope peacefull community aquarium. I plan to add a small school of Bloodfin Tetra, and a small school of Albino Cory. I would also like to include both a species of snail, and a species of shrimp. I am considering the Apple Snail, and the Ghost/Glass Shrimp, or the Vampire Shrimp. Can anyone offer any other suggestions? What impact will an Apple Snail, Ghost/Glass Shrimp, or Vampire Shrimp have on my aquarium's biolode?

-AquaticBob

Apple snails should do fine in there...I don't know much about vampire shrimp however ghost shrimp would probably do just fine...but there is also red cherry shrimp you could do which would add more color and they are easy to take care of

That isn't a Biotope by the way, that mix of organisms are not together anywhere in nature. The shrimp and snails will have little to no impact on your bioload.

@ Jev12 - Where are the Red Cherry Shrimp's native waters? Petshrimp.com's Red Cherry Shrimp species profile suggests that this shrimp does not occur naturally anywhere in the wild. I am trying to limit my species to the Amazon, and/or South America.

@ Mogurako - I am glad to hear this. I was hoping that I would be able to add a snail, and a few shrimp to my stocking plan without greatly increasing the aquarium's biolode.

-AquaticBob

Well yah they are a neocaridina species that was bred to have that color....and they are originally from Asia do Nevermind

@ Jev12 - No problem... I appreciate your recommendation.

-AquaticBob

Back
Top Bottom