Inverts for my brackish tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mar23

Aquarium Advice Freak
I need advice on what inverts to get for my brackish tank. It currently houses two figure 8 puffers. I used to have ghost shrimp in there with them because they are awesome tank cleaners and served as the occasional puffer meal. However, the last batch of shrimp I bought had some "diseased" ones, I believe. They looked cloudy and it spread to the other shrimp. I don't want to risk my puffers dying from some diseased feeder shrimp, so I removed the shrimp to the QT.
Now I'm looking to get replacement cleaners for the puffer tank, since the puffers are messy. I want something that the puffers won't eat, but that can survive in a brackish environment (SG 1.008). I have been considering a blue crayfish or a group of dwarf orange crayfish. Or even crabs that are fully aquatic. Maybe hermit crabs? Does anybody have any input or advice? I really don't want to go the big snail route. Not a fan of snails.

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

Does anyone have any experience with this?

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

I doubt that you could do anything that the puffers wouldn't eat or what the puffers may be eaten by, but if you add a land portion you *might* be able to do fiddler crabs. They would need a lot of escape routes though.

Back
Top Bottom