Julii Cory eggs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Aqualady40

Aquarium Advice Addict
Okay, last Friday my cory's finally spawned (all day long) and I managed to get 2 eggs to another tank (with hopes they are fertilized). Tonight I went to check on them and it seems as if I see 2 dots (possibly eyes) in one of them.
I would like to know as much as possible and learn from other cory breeders....first, I have read 3-5 days the eggs should hatch, then what? What do they look like? When and what do I feed? What is their growth rate in general? etc.....

Well, as an unexpected Cory breeder (I lost power and heat for a bit -- it was a blizzard, and the Bronze Cories decided to spawn...), I had eggs all over the tank. And I only had one tank. The eggs hatched with tiny Cories. If I recall correctly (this was about 30 years ago...), I did manage to get the fry into a net cage for fry, and then I fed them... something small.

Help!

My false julii's spawned on 12-28 and 12-31...
I clipped a plant that had two eggs on it and placed it into my rcs 5g tank...:D
I read it takes 3-5 days, today the eggs are gone they must have hatched...
I do not see anything wiggling yet since the tank is half planted...
I am afraid to do my pwc until I can see them...:ermm:
When do I feed? When should I see something?:confused:

What I feed my hatched Cory's is regular flake food finely crushed

I think my rcs may have eaten my fry because the egg hatched but no cory fry to be found.....:nono: anywho...they spawned again today and happen to save 1 egg with hopes its fertile...

I move my eggs from my fish tank to my shrimp tank till they are big enough to move it can take a couple weeks before you notice them moving around. If the eggs lasted in the tank Long enough to hatch then they are in there. First time I saw

I move my eggs from my fish tank to my shrimp tank till they are big enough to move it can take a couple weeks before you notice them moving around. If the eggs lasted in the tank Long enough to hatch then they are in there. First time I saw

fingers crossed...i hope so:(

They have been at it all day, both pairs.....the one egg I saved from six days ago hatched yesterday.....now i have saved about ten.....lost count thereafter

Wow! I woke up this morning and found another false julii cory wiggler..yay! okay I pulled about 7 eggs that look white (non-fertile?) out of the container that the main eggs are in (did save in another container just in case).

I moved 54 eggs to a shrimp tank and pulled out 17 babies and every day I find a new little guy swimming around.

I moved 54 eggs to a shrimp tank and pulled out 17 babies and every day I find a new little guy swimming around.

Awhile back, I tried moving some eggs to my red cherry shrimp tank and I cannot find any for the life of me....guess they will turn up if they are still there

Yay...I did 3 warm water changes to clean egg tank (floaties of little food particles hard to get out)and wow 2 are trying to hatch right now...yay...I get to watch live.....

Cool!

And this message is too short to be accepted without this foot note.

lol...thank you....still awaiting the others..originally I saved 13 eggs but 7 were not fertilized, leaving me 6, which 3 are completely out of their sacs and 3 have their tails out of their sacs, while the last one has yet to get started.....longer process than I thought...but fun to observe....:whistle::popcorn:

My cory's are at it again...they are guaranteed to spawn 1-2 times a week....I guess that tells me a lot about my water conditions

well the 3 I was awaiting to completely come out of sac did not make it..:(....some had fungus and several were not fertilized....but my cory's were at it again today so I captured 3 fertilized eggs with hopes of them doing well like the first batch (3 still doing great):popcorn::popcorn:

Back
Top Bottom