Just set up a new shrimp tank!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cherokeeluvr

Aquarium Advice Addict
Today is my birthday and I got a fluval spec 5 gallon tank! I got to go to my local fish store and buy plants and decorations!! I had 2 female red cheer shrimp currently, and bought 3 male (might be 2 males 1 female, couldn't tell very well when in bag or now). The water has cleared up and the shrimp are in! They love it! They are sooo active and aren't just hiding like I thought they would! The females have molted a few days ago in the old tank so I'm glad I got some males!! I'm soooo happy with how my first real aquascape turned out!! I didn't think it would look this good! So here it is! ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1412302097.042151.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1412302114.140538.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1412302127.935795.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1412302145.317817.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1412302162.956421.jpg I have a little anubias nano hiding behind the rock. I put it back there knowing it would grow out tall and wide so I wanted to give it some good space! Let me know what you guys think and post pics of your shrimp tank!! Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone

Very nice. I just set up a couple shrimp tanks myself. Was going to get this tank also to start but ended up going 15g instead.

You may want to get a small block of foam to put over the overflow slots for the filter. Smaller shrimp may end up getting pulled through if they swim around some.

Looks awesome! Make sure you keep tabs on the water levels as small tanks aren't great at cycling and shrimp aren't great at surviving cycling.

Love the fluvals though!!

❤️ Invertebrates
Electric Blue Crayfish | CPO Crayfish | Shrimp

Back
Top Bottom