Lecrae MIA

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

crazy4fids

Aquarium Advice Regular
I have had a marbled crayfish now for about two weeks. She is in a 90 gallon tank. She has been MIA for the past four days now.
Before she disappeared, she had a little cubby set up as her den under part of the wood. Today when I did a water change, I picked up the wood thinking maybe she made her den deeper....not so much. I have looked behind the tank, and under the furniture in the room as the tank and have not seen hide nor hair of her.
Do crayfish burrow in the substrate? Do they hibernate?
She was quite active the first 10 days we had her. She molted and was still very active-eating cucumbers, patrolling the substrate, climbing the driftwood and trying to pull down a frogbit plant.
I have two canister filters and there is no way that she could have gotten into the filter(s). The largest fish in the tank would be the angelfish, keyhole cichlids and a red tailed shark.

Should I be concerned? If she did get out of the tank, how far could she venture from the tank before dying? Should I be looking in other rooms?

tanks!!

There are many stories of crayfish escaping they don't have to be in water always one man (I just googled it) said he found his in his laundry room the next day and It had taken a small feeder goldfish with it

Sent from inside my fish tank

She very well could have also buried in the substrate, mine were extremely active as well then disappeared for a month, and now ...
Baby cray everywhere.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Back
Top Bottom