Let's see your shrimp!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Excellent! Happy Bamboo - Looks beautiful!

Join our TT thread! http://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums/f129/tangerine-tiger-shrimp-335240.html

I nearly got a funny pic of a TT riding on the Giant Blue Mystery snail...

Thanks! She gets berried every once in a while but I don't want to deal with salt water for the larvae stage or the green water for feeding them. At least not now. Maybe one day I will have more time to see them into actual shrimp stage. My male was right after her again right after I snapped the pic. At least that means they are doing well- sometimes hard to tell with bamboo shrimp and especially ones in a community tank

Just a quick stop in but I will definitely post some pics on the Tt thread when I get a chance

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

My shrimps are not doing very well in the shrimp tank. Another yellow died. :(

Edit: I already posted this picture before.. I can't seem to be able to edit it out from Tapatalk..

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1433263896281.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1433263896281.jpg
    254.3 KB · Views: 81
Is that a ram in the picture? Rams are pretty notorious for trying to eat shrimp. Are they maybe being pecked/chased to death?

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

This pic is from my community tank. Yes that is a Ram. There is enough plants for the shrimps to hide.
I believe this is a baby amano shrimps. We bought 12 of them 2 weeks ago, and I'm unable to differentiate between them and my Neocaradinas that have become wild colours.

Decided I would turn off the shrimp tank.
Here are all the there was in it

uploadfromtaptalk1433375054522.jpg

This sight, will never happen again.

uploadfromtaptalk1433375124651.jpg

I picked up three orange sakura shrimp (color variation of a neo) yesterday at the LFS and liked them so much I went back for four more today!

c5e4a445809046b005d24e7b185989b8.jpg

a0c488eda41b38d7ae2d7a1d6694ac38.jpg

Also, adorably, sharing a meal with the pleco:
4f35d889b6d20e1f8854fc88546b17a6.jpg

Unfortunately I couldn't get a picture, but I just caught one of my cherry shrimp using a nerite snail as an elevator. Just like Kevin!

Hey can anyone tell me if it's ok to stick a little thumbnail sized crab in a shrimp tank? I'm cycling a 4.6 gallon tank and would like to know if the crab eat too many shrimp eggs for positive shrimp growth.

Hey can anyone tell me if it's ok to stick a little thumbnail sized crab in a shrimp tank? I'm cycling a 4.6 gallon tank and would like to know if the crab eat too many shrimp eggs for positive shrimp growth.

What kind of crab?

Personally I would not have one with my shrimp. If they aren't very expensive shrimp and you don't mind them possibly eating them you could try it. Feed Crab or Shrimp Cuisine for good shell nutrition. Or other high quality shrimp foods. I think you would stall your shrimp population.

What kind of crab?

Personally I would not have one with my shrimp. If they aren't very expensive shrimp and you don't mind them possibly eating them you could try it. Feed Crab or Shrimp Cuisine for good shell nutrition. Or other high quality shrimp foods. I think you would stall your shrimp population.

Thanks for the advice! And apologies for the late reply.
Since I have a large population of ghost shrimp (roughly.. 120), I thought the crab idea wasn't great but I happened to be near my LFS and saw three little micro crabs, and I couldn't resist. My shrimp seem to be leaving them alone, happily swimming by them allowing the crabs to forage at ease.

I'm not even sure what sort of crabs they are, exactly. I just thought they were Thai micros, but the length of their legs seems to indicate otherwise. They seem to be thriving nicely though, so I'm happy about that.

xoJCsyJ.jpg

These are the little critters. If anyone could ID them that'd be great.

NOT Thai Micro Crabs. They look like possibly, no kidding, Red Claw Crabs ;)

It appears they are! Many thanks. ****it it appears they aren't fully aquatic. Not sure how they've survived this long. I might just take them out and stuff them in a little bowl for now until I construct some sort of platform for them to relax on.

Back
Top Bottom