Look at these huge ghost shrimp

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bloodlucky

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Look at these massive ghost shrimp! I guess the algae wafers pay off

image-1658842835.jpg

Anyway now that they're big does that mean they'd live a full long life? I always feel like ghost shrimp are more of a temporary addition to a tank that last about a month but I didn't know these two (out of the 5 that I bought) would get so massive. I guess when I see something enlarged I assumed it would have a bigger chance of thriving.

Would they get even bigger than this? I was hoping they would get crayfish sized :D

Anyways yeah I'm showing off these guys !

Last edited by a moderator:
you're very lucky to see them get that big... i have to many fish that take them for food lol... if i add 20 to my tank in days the numbers drop to 5-10...

HopefulHobbiest said:
you're very lucky to see them get that big... i have to many fish that take them for food lol... if i add 20 to my tank in days the numbers drop to 5-10...

I actually grew the large one on the left in his own mini tank but he still is very big!

There are several different species of shrimp called the glass or ghost shrimp that ranges in size.

bettaowner said:
There are several different species of shrimp called the glass or ghost shrimp that ranges in size.

I had no idea. Which grow bigger in size?

I usually keep a lot of Ghost shrimp in my 10 gallon but they never get that big because they're my Eels food. Haha

That's a lot of shrimp! What kind of eel can fit in a 10 gallon/ what eel do you have?

Wait so how kind do RCS and Amano shrimp live

Bobjoefredsky said:
That's a lot of shrimp! What kind of eel can fit in a 10 gallon/ what eel do you have?

He's a Fire Eel. He's actually in my 150 but everyday ill hand feed and give him 3-4 shrimp. He refuses to eat earth and blood worms.

vanimal said:
He's a Fire Eel. He's actually in my 150 but everyday ill hand feed and give him 3-4 shrimp. He refuses to eat earth and blood worms.

That's awesome I want an eel too

Bobjoefredsky said:
That's awesome I want an eel too

Yeah he's by far my favorite fish! I put my hand in while I'm holding a shrimp he swims right up and grabs it! I love him :) what size tank do you have?

I use to have ghost shrimp that were original food for my balas and pictus cats. I guess they got tired of them and before I knew it I was stuck with 15+ shrimp. They did very well and grew very large some of them as large as bamboo shrimp and I'm not exaggerating. I really liked them at first because they did a great job of scavenging for left over food and some of them had a tint of color to them such as blue, orange, red, and green. They were so big and cool looking that I was going to post pics and brag about them online. One day I decided to add neons and otos, poor fish never had a chance to swim around their new home before the shrimp grabbed them for lunch. I'll take my fish over shrimp any day so I took them out of my tank and fed them to a couple triggers and puffers.

Daxhua said:
I use to have ghost shrimp that were original food for my balas and pictus cats. I guess they got tired of them and before I knew it I was stuck with 15+ shrimp. They did very well and grew very large some of them as large as bamboo shrimp and I'm not exaggerating. I really liked them at first because they did a great job of scavenging for left over food and some of them had a tint of color to them such as blue, orange, red, and green. They were so big and cool looking that I was going to post pics and brag about them online. One day I decided to add neons and otos, poor fish never had a chance to swim around their new home before the shrimp grabbed them for lunch. I'll take my fish over shrimp any day so I took them out of my tank and fed them to a couple triggers and puffers.

Wow! I hope I don't overgrow my shrimp or they might end up eating my fish too :(

Bobjoefredsky said:
Wow! I hope I don't overgrow my shrimp or they might end up eating my fish too :(

Um they won't

Bobjoefredsky said:
Ok good I just read the previous post he said his ghost shrimp ate his little fish :p

I don't know if Ghost Shrimp could get that big...

Back
Top Bottom