Making your own Shrimp Biscuits???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Autumnsky

Site Team
Hi,

Was reading about making your own shrimp food. Does anyone actually make their own?

Some people were using dehydrating and some low oven temp/slow bake method.

Please, if you don't mind, share your recipes and tips. I got a general idea that everyone's recipe is different.

Especially looking for one which is not stinky for the house while baking.

After reading ingredients for shrimp food and didn't completely like what I read, some have lots of fillers, and things I don't really want in food, like Monosodium Glutamate (MSG)

What about adding something for vitamins/minerals?

Also what is the (I think is) paste type food with a somewhat crazy type name, some people are raving about?

:thanks:

Autumnsky said:
Hi,

Was reading about making your own shrimp food. Does anyone actually make their own?

Some people were using dehydrating and some low oven temp/slow bake method.

Please, if you don't mind, share your recipes and tips. I got a general idea that everyone's recipe is different.

I am especially looking for one which is not stinky for the house while baking.

I was reading ingredients for shrimp food and didn't completely like what I read, some have lots of fillers, and things I don't really want in food, like Monosodium Glutamate (MSG)

Also what is the (I think is) paste type food with a somewhat crazy type name, some people are raving about?

:thanks:

The gel food is probably Rapashy. I was a Beta Tester for his foods. Awesome ingredients. Shrimp and fish LOVE them.
Mute the horrid music...still trying to change it

I just give mine NLS and kens sticks. I thought about doing the repashy stuff but its really pricey. I don't really know enough about shrimp biology to know what their exact dietary needs are, so I just try to cover all bases.

Back
Top Bottom