Marble Crayfish FOOD?/

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

samanthawilson4

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Can humans eat these. I want to breed for food. But no idea what breed to get. These seem the easiest.

Yes, they are indeed the easiest to breed, and you're able to eat them. I have 5 myself, and 3 of them just gave birth to about 50-60 new Crays. You only need one to start reproducing, how big is your tank?

55 - Jack Dempsey/Rainbow Shark/Cobalt blue cray
46 - Marmorkreb tank
20 - Guppy farm
10 - Betta Tank
5 - Marmorkreb fry

I don't even have the tank yet. I did not want to get a tank if They could not be food. I do have a big kiddie pool I was thinking about putting it in I was thinking of getting 2 or so. But they be shipped so prob double that or triple that number for death on delivery or before delivery lol. The ones I found are not to cheap though. So guess have to keep on looking.

They're very hardy, probably won't die in delivery if shipped in the right bag. I had 5 shipped to me and it took a week, and it was less than 35 degrees all week and they all arrived alive, and have been ever since. Just make sure you give them places to hide and keep the temperature around 72-76 if you want them to breed. I'd be willing to ship you some eventually, but at the moment mine are too young for me to ship.

46 - Marmorkreb tank
20 - Guppy farm
10 - Betta Tank
5 - Marmorkreb fry

Oh that would be wonderful. You said yours just had tons of babies. I would love to get some. I do have some things I can trade as well

Silkie hatching eggs
frizzle hatching eggs
EE hatching eggs
Barred rock hatching eggs
Angora wool for spinning into yarn
And Raw honey from MIL hives

I'd be more than willing to trade, right now the hatchlings are only about 1/8"

46 - Marmorkreb tank
20 - Guppy farm
10 - Betta Tank
5 - Marmorkreb fry

Oh yea it will prob be a few weeks yet before they are ready to go. Which is a good thing because that give Ohio weather time to get warmer. What were you wanting of mine? In the trade?

I actually don't have much use for that stuff, but maybe we can still work something out.

46 - Marmorkreb tank
20 - Guppy farm
10 - Betta Tank
5 - Marmorkreb fry

Ok sounds awesome I would love to get a few though I hate odd numbers so 2 or 4 would be awesome. What would you charge cash wise for them? About how many weeks until you think they will be ready to come to new home? I can not wait I am ready to get them going.

If you're willing to wait 4 weeks, I'll sell you 4 + 1 for $10

46 - Marmorkreb tank
20 - Guppy farm
10 - Betta Tank

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1422163543.680405.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1422163572.361293.jpg

46 - Marmorkreb tank
20 - Guppy farm
10 - Betta Tank

That's mom and baby. Lol

46 - Marmorkreb tank
20 - Guppy farm
10 - Betta Tank

Sure that is fine I can do that. Will they come with instructions like what all I can feed them and all that good stuff. I will get the water going the day the ship that way It has 2-3 days to get right. I will have to mail you the cash in the mail because I don't have paypal if that is ok with you. I can send it out Monday then when they are ready you can let me know when they are shipped or I can wait until they are ready to send it either way works for me. I am super excited

Back
Top Bottom