Mount Shrimpie

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Aqualady40

Aquarium Advice Addict
Currently my RCS are living in a 5.5 gallon bow-front. I took advantage of the $1 gallon sale and purchased them a 10 gallon.
I have this vision for a 3D rocky mountain look. I am going to use red lava rocks to create this look (hopefully). I am not sure what plants/moss that will be planted in the crevices/foreground. I am thinking to use black diamond blasting sand. I will be using 2 metal clip-on lights without the clips with I guess 2- 13 watt cfl's. I am not sure what level of light that will be...hmmm....I will be using the filter I have on the 5g because it is rated for a 5-15g and the flow is pretty rough in that 5g so they will be happy to not get push around.

Suggestions for plants/moss/etc...? No messy/floating mosses.I want something that will stay mostly compact.
I can up the cfl watts if needed and I do have liquid Co2/ferts.
Also, what is the healthiest way to transfer them to their new tank once ready?

Last edited:
A few mosses come to mind. Fissidens is really nice looking, not as "mossy" as other mosses it is more small fronds. I like Xmas moss as well. Flame moss is really cool but definitely has a distinctive look.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I actually agree with the fissidens that would give it a really neat look I think

I was also thinking to have fissiden fontanus, on the rocks...then may be dwarf baby tears on the sanded area?

Thanks it isn't mine I just really liked it too lol

Back
Top Bottom