MTS help.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bubbles0oO

Aquarium Advice Addict
I would like to get some MTS, I know my local petsmart has a ton of them. I plan on asking to go tomorrow and getting some. My question is, how many? I would like to put some in my 55 gal and 30 gal . They both have sand substrate, could I even put some in my 16 gal? It has gravel substrate.

Ok sorry for rambling.
-Bubbles0oO

I would get 5-10 for each. Feed them and they will multiply quickly

I think the little buggers could live though any thing lol. I would assume acclimating them like any snail. I haven't ever had to acclimate them. They came with a tank I bought.

So I'd just temp match and then toss them in? And what about the gravel bed in the 16? Wouldn't they get stuck in the gravel when trying to burrow?

That is what I would do. My tank has gravel and they have no problem with it. I've got some that are about 1/4 inch long! They really are pretty cool to watch.

Ok, I have a beta vase ( no beta ) could I put some in there to breed more? Like have some in my tanks but grow more in the beta vase?

Probably no need. The multiply like crazy with just a little extra food

Ok I'll post again when I get them. I'll get a good 30-40 to spread amount my tanks ( All exempt nursery, trying to breed different kind of snail there lol)

I added about 20 in my tank and it gradually increased into over 200.

I do not think it is smart to overfeed to overpopulate because it is bad for your water and fish

I see what your saying, I'm not even sure they would get much food because my fish and cory cats are pigs

Bubbles0oO said:
I see what your saying, I'm not even sure they would get much food because my fish and cory cats are pigs

Haha yeah, my cory's are pigs too! Lol did you end up getting the MTS?:)

I still haven't gotten a chance to go over to the store . It's across town, I will definetly ask to go this weekend though.

Back
Top Bottom