MTS in Southern California?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

EMAN12

Aquarium Advice Freak
I found some trumpets snails in a lake near my house and they look like MTS. I took a pic but it came out fuzzy so I just downloaded a pic and this is how they look like.

4db05002d2499.jpeg

EMAN12 said:
I found some trumpets snails in a lake near my house and they look like MTS. I took a pic but it came out fuzzy so I just downloaded a pic and this is how they look like.

Wow. They're beautiful. They're not in the substrate, so I'm not sure about them being MYS per say. There are a lot of different snails with that shape

MABJ said:
Wow. They're beautiful. They're not in the substrate, so I'm not sure about them being MYS per say. There are a lot of different snails with that shape

Right now they are under the substrate.

EMAN12 said:
Right now they are under the substrate.

Then I'd say they're MTS lol. Nice find. If they breed, may I purchase a few from you? Their shells are so pretty.

Yea no problem.

I found them in a lake near my house. I wonder how they got there. I also saw big ramshorn snails but I already have those so I didn't get them.

I

EMAN12 said:
Yea no problem.

I found them in a lake near my house. I wonder how they got there. I also saw big ramshorn snails but I already have those so I didn't get them.

I

Very cool. I have miniature ramshorns. They're very tiny

MABJ said:
Very cool. I have miniature ramshorns. They're very tiny

Will those get bigger or will they stay small? Mine are getting too big and reproduce fast.

EMAN12 said:
Will those get bigger or will they stay small? Mine are getting too big and reproduce fast.

Mine are born, raised and die about BB sized.

They only reproduce as much as you feed them to, so if you cut your feeding back, you'll probably see less of them. Planaria are bugging my snails to death right now, and I'm eradicating them wednesday.

My snails are actually the leopard print type too :)

I have 2 assassin snails but the rams horn are reproducing to fast. I guess my shrimp are going to have to go on a diet lol

EMAN12 said:
I have 2 assassin snails but the rams horn are reproducing to fast. I guess my shrimp are going to have to go on a diet lol

Yeah lol. Shrimp will eat as much as you feed em, but they only need food once every 2 days.

Back
Top Bottom