My crayfish is stuck in skeleton

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Wags 22

Aquarium Advice Regular
It's been 30 hrs and he's still struggling to get out. Do I dare try to help? He's a Mexican dwarf (so he's incredibly tiny) and I don't want to hurt him. I'm gonna get my tweezers

drink more beer

It's risky to try to assist these guys if they have moulting issues. It's so easy to tear off a leg, or worse. Which part is stuck ? Usually they split behind the head and wriggle out of the back half, then the front half.

Sometimes shells are too hard and the poor crays or shrimp can't get out of them. It's a bummer if that happens but if you try to pull the shell off, there's just a really high risk of tearing the poor crayfish badly.

He has pulled off his pinchers but has yet to split the soft spot up top. God this is frustrating to watch.

drink more beer

I just put some brine shrimp in the tank and he's all about it. Hopefully that will boost his energy and give him super crayfish strength.

drink more beer

You could give him an Epson bath with an air stone. No guarantees but might work.

Back
Top Bottom