My mystery snail is not moving?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ilovefish7

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I just got agold mystery snail about an hour ago and it just stopped moving? Is it dead?

It may jus be hiding. Leave it for another half hour and if it Dosent move take it out. Then smell it. Sounds odd i know but when they die they smell HORRID. I hope he's not dead though.

it just started moving. Thank you for the tip though!

No problem!

If you want to give him a treat you can pop a slice of cucumber into the tank, he will find it!

And they are more active at night. Last night around 130 am I say and watched my daughters snail for a good 30 mins! He was all over!

so it is completely normal that he is immobile?
and, what will a dead snail smell like?

ilovefish7 said:
so it is completely normal that he is immobile?
and, what will a dead snail smell like?

If he is dead, and you smell him, you will definitely know! Also, if he is dead they don't stay in their shell. They just kind of hang out and when touched don't retract back in.
my daughters snail moves all over, all times of the day/night.
My sons is not as active. During the day he rarely moves but in the morning he is always in a different place. You will have to watch and see the personality of yours

I just had one die a week or two ago. Empty shell after about a week w no movement. I guess I was in denial. My other one is still slithering tho. Also, switched to prime. I may add a couple more tomorrow.

Will the snail part be completely out of the shell if it dies?

Back
Top Bottom