Mystery Snail

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

shannelle

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hello I just wanted to ask about my mystery snail he is 1 year and a couple months I had him in a 5 gallon he was constantly on the move and jumping off the wall of the tank and happy and then a month ago i moved him and everyone else in a 32 gallon biocube but then he didn't like it he would stay at the bottom for a day and then he would only move inches and never want to really come out and now he's just sitting on the bottom of the tank half way out he's not dead I took him out of the water and checked but he doesn't even want to straighten his foot I don't even think he's eatting either ?

I don't test my water and I use distilled water but some tap water to cause the tank is big that would be to many jugs lol

I have never tested any of my tank waters and everyone was doing fine but I think he is old

I have always used distilled and it works fine yes I treat the tap water with drops and my snails eat flakes algea wafers snail jello cucumbers and what ever is on the glass

Without being able to answer questions regarding your water chemistry it will be very difficult to discern the problem. Besides moving the snail to a larger tank what are the other differences?

Substrate
Decor
Filter
Co-inhabitants

Just little fish but he had little fish before and he is shrinking further in his shell

So the substrate, decor, and filter are the same between the two tanks.
Distilled water is not good for inverts in general.

Back
Top Bottom