Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Freshwater > Freshwater & Brackish - Invertebrates
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 02-05-2019, 11:24 AM   #1
Aquarium Advice Regular

Mystery snail looks weird

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4329.jpg
Views:	81
Size:	253.6 KB
ID:	311954Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4327.jpg
Views:	85
Size:	242.4 KB
ID:	311955

Idk what’s up with this guy, barely moves around tank and looks like he’s tryin to come out his shell all the way some times an has this white thing coming out. My other snail is fine

Old 02-07-2019, 02:10 AM   #2
Aquarium Advice Addict
Community Moderator

POTM Champion
Tank of the Month Award

Probably the Siphon/airtube.

New to FW fish? First tank in a long time or EVER??? Need some info on keeping fish?
Start here - Aquarium Advice Article
https://www.aquariumadvice.com/guide...ater-aquarium/
Autumnsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2019, 08:55 AM   #3
Aquarium Advice Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by PandaKing View Post
Attachment 311954Attachment 311955

Idk what’s up with this guy, barely moves around tank and looks like he’s tryin to come out his shell all the way some times an has this white thing coming out. My other snail is fine
Your snail is lacking nutrition. He is need of calcium and other vitamins and minerals. I would suggest blanching kale for them and giving them green beans straight from the can. The no salt kind. These snails DO NOT LIVE OFF ALGAE. This is misconception of these guys. They require extra foods and they need protein frozen blood worms, and brine shrimp is what they love. The blue snail you see is very old and she has laid me alot of clutches. This has only female snails and all of blues last clutch. She is beating all odds she is 3 years old. Crushed up cuddle bone is a good cheap source of calcium. Kale is loaded with calcium as well. I can't find a pic of them eating kale. Even skinless cucumber or zucchini blanched as well. I suggest sticking a rock in the middle so it sinks. Only leave it in your tank for 24 hours after that remove it slight water change, and fresh food. This is what I do for my snails. I do a 10% daily change on all my tanks. 25% every other week. These snail do carry a bio load. If it eats it poops. I know alot pet stores will tell you most snails and shrimp won't add to the bio load that is a lie. Yes that is his breathing tube. He is struggling for air. There isn't whole lot of info on the spiked top mystery snail. It is in the apple snail family. Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20190225_144754.jpg
Views:	55
Size:	223.9 KB
ID:	312181Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20190225_144739.jpg
Views:	57
Size:	215.7 KB
ID:	312182Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20190225_143426.jpg
Views:	56
Size:	183.8 KB
ID:	312183
Old 02-28-2019, 11:00 AM   #4
Aquarium Advice Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishlover99 View Post
Your snail is lacking nutrition. He is need of calcium and other vitamins and minerals. I would suggest blanching kale for them and giving them green beans straight from the can. The no salt kind. These snails DO NOT LIVE OFF ALGAE. This is misconception of these guys. They require extra foods and they need protein frozen blood worms, and brine shrimp is what they love. The blue snail you see is very old and she has laid me alot of clutches. This has only female snails and all of blues last clutch. She is beating all odds she is 3 years old. Crushed up cuddle bone is a good cheap source of calcium. Kale is loaded with calcium as well. I can't find a pic of them eating kale. Even skinless cucumber or zucchini blanched as well. I suggest sticking a rock in the middle so it sinks. Only leave it in your tank for 24 hours after that remove it slight water change, and fresh food. This is what I do for my snails. I do a 10% daily change on all my tanks. 25% every other week. These snail do carry a bio load. If it eats it poops. I know alot pet stores will tell you most snails and shrimp won't add to the bio load that is a lie. Yes that is his breathing tube. He is struggling for air. There isn't whole lot of info on the spiked top mystery snail. It is in the apple snail family. Attachment 312181Attachment 312182Attachment 312183

They get blanched cucumber and other foods,I make snail gel an I feed my other fish bloodworms so it’s not a lack of nutrition. An Iv asked on my other forum that is his reproductive organ his siphon is on other side. I never reposted here as seems kinda dead on here. Plenty of oxygen in tank as gets water changes weekly, co2 every day for a few hrs on an off, Has 2 filters running in tank an water parameters have been spot on for weeks now.

Tags
mystery, mystery snail, snail, weir, weird

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com