Mystery snail looks weird

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

PandaKing

Aquarium Advice Regular
IMG_4329.jpgIMG_4327.jpg

Idk what’s up with this guy, barely moves around tank and looks like he’s tryin to come out his shell all the way some times an has this white thing coming out. My other snail is fine

View attachment 311954View attachment 311955

Idk what’s up with this guy, barely moves around tank and looks like he’s tryin to come out his shell all the way some times an has this white thing coming out. My other snail is fine
Your snail is lacking nutrition. He is need of calcium and other vitamins and minerals. I would suggest blanching kale for them and giving them green beans straight from the can. The no salt kind. These snails DO NOT LIVE OFF ALGAE. This is misconception of these guys. They require extra foods and they need protein frozen blood worms, and brine shrimp is what they love. The blue snail you see is very old and she has laid me alot of clutches. This has only female snails and all of blues last clutch. She is beating all odds she is 3 years old. Crushed up cuddle bone is a good cheap source of calcium. Kale is loaded with calcium as well. I can't find a pic of them eating kale. Even skinless cucumber or zucchini blanched as well. I suggest sticking a rock in the middle so it sinks. Only leave it in your tank for 24 hours after that remove it slight water change, and fresh food. This is what I do for my snails. I do a 10% daily change on all my tanks. 25% every other week. These snail do carry a bio load. If it eats it poops. I know alot pet stores will tell you most snails and shrimp won't add to the bio load that is a lie. Yes that is his breathing tube. He is struggling for air. There isn't whole lot of info on the spiked top mystery snail. It is in the apple snail family. IMG_20190225_144754.jpgIMG_20190225_144739.jpgIMG_20190225_143426.jpg

Your snail is lacking nutrition. He is need of calcium and other vitamins and minerals. I would suggest blanching kale for them and giving them green beans straight from the can. The no salt kind. These snails DO NOT LIVE OFF ALGAE. This is misconception of these guys. They require extra foods and they need protein frozen blood worms, and brine shrimp is what they love. The blue snail you see is very old and she has laid me alot of clutches. This has only female snails and all of blues last clutch. She is beating all odds she is 3 years old. Crushed up cuddle bone is a good cheap source of calcium. Kale is loaded with calcium as well. I can't find a pic of them eating kale. Even skinless cucumber or zucchini blanched as well. I suggest sticking a rock in the middle so it sinks. Only leave it in your tank for 24 hours after that remove it slight water change, and fresh food. This is what I do for my snails. I do a 10% daily change on all my tanks. 25% every other week. These snail do carry a bio load. If it eats it poops. I know alot pet stores will tell you most snails and shrimp won't add to the bio load that is a lie. Yes that is his breathing tube. He is struggling for air. There isn't whole lot of info on the spiked top mystery snail. It is in the apple snail family. View attachment 312181View attachment 312182View attachment 312183

They get blanched cucumber and other foods,I make snail gel an I feed my other fish bloodworms so it’s not a lack of nutrition. An Iv asked on my other forum that is his reproductive organ his siphon is on other side. I never reposted here as seems kinda dead on here. Plenty of oxygen in tank as gets water changes weekly, co2 every day for a few hrs on an off, Has 2 filters running in tank an water parameters have been spot on for weeks now.

Back
Top Bottom