Mystery Snails

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Louise Lee

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi. I'm new at this and I posted regarding Mystery Snails, but now I can't find it....I see it in my search for "posts", but can't find where it originated...anyway, I'll try it from here...not an exact repeat, but something like this:

I have 4 mystery snails...in two different tanks. They are such fun to watch, but I'm wondering about the shells....I know nothing about them, so please excuse the ignorance, but they seem to spread out bigger than the actual shell, and the shell seems to expand as well. Do they every outgrow the shells? I am interested in learning more about them, if anyone can help me out. Thanks.

The shells grow with them. And they need calcium to grow their shells so you can google snail jello recipe. Or you can just feed calcium rich food and put a little piece of cuttlebone in the tank. Cuttlebone is in the bird section at pretty much every pet store.

Sent from my iPod touch using Aquarium Advice

Ha! I found my post on the 2nd page of "Mysterious Snails" thread. Should have started a new thread instead of whatever I did! I'll figure this out yet!

Back
Top Bottom