Mystery Snails In General

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

landon_garcia

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hey everyone this is my first real post on the forum! I just bought some Ivory and Golden mystery snail egg clutch and I was just wondering what they should look like. I have had them for about 4 days now but the breeder had them for about six so they are about ten days old.

I was also wondering what they are supposed to smell like. They almost smell like bad coffee. I have them incubating on a heat pad in a plastic container with water on the bottom. They aren't in the water but above it on a piece of foam. I will add pictures soon but I am not home right now.

Also can anyone give me a time frame on when they will hatch. They are in about 75-80 degree temperatures?

Thanks everyone so much, i would love any advice since I am a new mystery snail owner!

Heres a picture of the egg sacs.

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1390853525.542666.jpg
    ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1390853525.542666.jpg
    251.4 KB · Views: 60
I'd get them off that pad. It sounds like you are smelling them cooking !! I've never noticed an odour from egg cases.

They don't need tropical heat, just float them on your tank, they'll be fine, or sit them on a counter top where it's neither hot nor cold. Should have a lid with some holes, they need humidity.

Hatching can vary, two to four weeks. They need water to drop into. I keep mine in a piece of netting, which is over a deli container of water. The lid, with holes, keeps the net from sinking too low and touching the water. When they hatch, they can just fall through the net and into the water, so I don't have to worry about being there at the time.

Back
Top Bottom