Mystery snails magically appearing...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

hcourts

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Seriously?!?! I had just gotten rid of all my mystery snails from the snail dancing that went on around Easter...just did some major rearranging in my 55g and low and behold purple babies cruising around!!! Really!!! Where did they come from?!?! I haven't seen any egg sacs and I keep my water line too high!! I only have big daddy and what I thought was a Michael (possibly Michelle now) in there...will my assassin snails eat these???

what do they look like? got any pics? some snails dont need to "mate" to reproduce

Pcdebb is right. Some snails reproduce asexually meaning they don't need a mate.

These are the new ones and these are the only two snails in there. They are daddy and what I thought was son..

They were very nice snails too, but these look pretty, easy to find homes for...?! Since they look different maybe credit at the lfs?

Yeah but I know the one is a dude and I have never seen him ridin "Michael":/ oh well. Guess I will have more;) normally I would abort them once they lay eggs but I haven't seen any sacs!!!

Well I found out where that wretched snail is laying her eggs...just aborted some...gonna move her to the 10g so she's easier to monitor...these snails are ridiculous...

Back
Top Bottom