Naming snails

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MysteryShrimp

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
So I was thinking about naming my mystery snails except they all look the same! I don't think painting the shells is a good thing so I was wondering if putting a loose rubber band around the end of the shell would be safe or even acceptable? No negative comments please just recommendations on how to color code them essentially so I can gender them and name them.

I wouldn’t recommend marking the shells or banding.

Shell patterns are often unique. Try looking for differences there.

Or name them Pat, Pat and Pat.

Lol they are all siblings and look the same I didn't think it would be a good idea I was just curious. Thanks again T and autumnsky, I only intended to have 1 but mama layed eggs and I couldn't get rid of them lol there are 4 siblings and 1 in a different tank that's a male and kinda sad with a shell defect

The 1 alone is a golden body with a purple stripped shell where the 4 others are black bodies with blue emerald shells

Could probably use non-toxic water proof sharpie (marker)it's just on the shell, shouldn't harm anything.

You could also use drops of the rustoleum paints which are frequently used in aquariums, just would be a whole lot of wasted paint. This is one of the methods that is used in scientific mark and recapture studies that are done.

Back
Top Bottom