Nano shrimp.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Umm I would test it first...I would take a little put it in a container and test the water to see if there is any traces of salt

Well for crystal shrimp and other caridina shrimp it is useful by keeping the ph low but I don't find it necessary...I think sand would be a cheaper option

Rabbit snails will eat live plants, just rinse the goldfish substrate, in a bucket, you can use it or mix usually not any issue. If you were a master planted tank person it could be more critical. Try looking up nano fish. Boraras brigittae are very small, also called Chilis, mine have never bothered any shrimp. My sundanio axlerodi blue neon probably would, as well as green neons, eat little tiny ones.
I wold not do a junior size or adult Mystery snail because the dead snail can seriously mess with water quality. Nerite and or ramshorn would be fine.

As previously stated adfrog will anything it can fit in its mouth and they can open wide for a nano tank inhabitant.

I think I might be getting a sand substrate. But now I can't decide. Black sand or tan or white sand?

Black or tan if you ever plan to have live plants or even moss, white gets very specled with everything making you want to go crazy because it isn't really white any more. Lol

Sand will be fine for the plants and definitely the cheapest route...and yes chili rasboras could be a good choice for fish

I would not add any scarlet badis. Even with some decent cover for the shrimplets, they are not the most active fish and hover right above the substrate and primarily feed on shrimp.. While the larger ones will most likely be fine , considering they are nothing like tiger barbs! However they will constantly consume shrimplets. Learned the hard way :(

He's keeping shrimp in the tank already....

OP, I wouldn't keep any fish besides a Betta in a 2.5 gallon. And a betta will eat the shrimp.

With a Betta it is a hit or miss some will eat the shrimp some won't...and then you could get one like mine where he tries to eat the shrimplets but is never able to catch them and he doesn't even bother the adults

I would just like to find a fish for this tank but nevermind that. Now what are some cool shrimp?

Back
Top Bottom