Nano shrimp.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

AtoZ Cichlids

Aquarium Advice Freak
Just grabbed a 2.5 gallon... Plan on planting it and doing shrimp. Just a thread to help me along the way with my first shrimp tank.ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1388441928.602348.jpg

I think either would work...but I think I would just do the back so I could look into the sides to see the shrimp at different angles

I wouldn't do the sides, it will severely limit your visibility. Once you get the substrate and plants in there you will like it more and more.

I think sand would be cheaper but it really just depends on the type of shrimp you want I guess...frogs will eat the shrimp if given the opportunity...and they can go with nerite snails mts pond/bladder snails rabbit snails pretty much any snail...I would probably skip mystery snails though since it is a fairly small tank

I would like to add some scarlet badis or this fish that I cannot remember what it's called for the life of me but it looks like a tiny rainbow trout and I believe it's a danio. If there is room I would like to add some fish. I just hope the danios are okay in a nano lol.

Celestial pearl danio??? You could maybe add a scarlet badis OR a couple pearl danios...however they will eat the shrimp let's...and you could probably get away with like a horned nerite snail or rabbit snails...or an assassin snail if you wanted...but you would have been better off getting a five gallon tank if you wanted to add a few nano fish

Yea I was looking at that. Reason I ask is because I have some substrate for live plants already it's just my concern is that I used it in a goldfish aquarium and there may be trace of salt in the substrate.

Can I salvage that? Or do I need to start looking to get the shrimp substrate or sand?

Celestial pearl danio??? You could maybe add a scarlet badis OR a couple pearl danios...however they will eat the shrimp let's...and you could probably get away with like a horned nerite snail or rabbit snails...or an assassin snail if you wanted...but you would have been better off getting a five gallon tank if you wanted to add a few nano fish

I wanted to get the 2.5 aquarium for shrimp but I was just wondering if I could add something else you know. Also it's not the pearl but those are kinda cool too. It's got longish fins, has tints of purple and green but I believe it is primarily grayish.

Back
Top Bottom