Need Info on Crayfish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I added some moss to his tank also. I got a bag-o-plants from JetaJockey and it contained A LOT of moss. I actually have a lot left over but I have future plans for it. :) He's munching on the moss and looks totally happy in his little forest now.

Lol I have no idea again. I'm getting them from my work and we don't sell them. They come in with our goldfish sometimes. This one has dark green and red claws with a brown body with a little bit of dark green on it.

He's almost 2 inches long. I tried to get one with the ruler up to him but he turned his back to me when I took the pic. He's got a snail with him still that he doesn't seem to mind but I keep an eye on him still in case he turns on him. Right now he has 2 minnows in there with him but I bought them today for him to eat. When he molted he lost one of his long whiskers on his face so he's got to grow that back.

Attachments

• sirpinchalot.jpg
    sirpinchalot.jpg
    262.8 KB · Views: 89
Sir Pinch-A-Lot molted again already. He's growing so fast. He still hasn't eaten the minnows I got for him. I think they're all friends now, figures. Just thought I'd give an update. The forum seems really quiet lately.

Boogety48 said:
Sir Pinch-A-Lot molted again already. He's growing so fast. He still hasn't eaten the minnows I got for him. I think they're all friends now, figures. Just thought I'd give an update. The forum seems really quiet lately.

It has been slow... You're right. Glad to hear he is good :)

A friendly crawfish. That's a twist!
I had one that ate all my neon's (8) and then promply climbed out of the tank and wandered about 4 feet from the tank and died. Just make sure tehre are no holes he can get out of on the top. I put a piece of card board over the playe the last one climbed out.

Attachments

• 2012-02-19_20.31.47.jpg
    2012-02-19_20.31.47.jpg
    208.7 KB · Views: 77
Last edited:
I had one that ate all my neon's (8) and then promply climbed out of the tank and wandered about 4 feet from the tank and died. Just make sure tehre are no holes he can get out of on the top. I put a piece of card board over the playe the last one climbed out.

Pretty orange color. I put mesh over the hole where the filter is. He hasn't seemed to notice it yet, I'm hoping he won't.

Yea I only have one in my tank. Sir Pinch-A-Lot is growing so big. He's over 4 inches now. We got a few in today with the goldfish and I almost took one of the smaller ones (about an inch long) but I know better, so I left them alone. He still hasn't eaten those minnows by the way. I don't want pet minnows lol. I keep hoping I'll get up one morning and they'll be gone.

How is your crawfish doing? Did using the egg shells help. I am contemplating using a spare tank to try my hand with one and would love to know what works best.

He's doing good. He's still about the same size he was last time I updated about him. He still hasn't eaten his minnow friends so I guess I have pet minnows now lol. The egg shells seem to be helping him. I got the little mesh type bags from PetSmart and put them in it and set it in the filter. You can use pantyhose too but I didn't have any to spare and didn't feel like buying any. Other than that nothing new has really been going on.

Here's an update. I think he's stopped growing. He's about 5 inches now and his molting have become less often than they were before. He's doing well though. He finally ate one of his minnows! I'm getting ready to move though so I'm not looking forward to having to take him out of the tank and put him back in. I've got till August 10th to prepare lol. I'll let everyone know how the move goes. Wish his and my other four tanks luck. Thankfully we aren't moving far.

Lol good luck moving. I moved about two hundred yards in record breaking heat with four tanks and hated every single second of it.

Also, I have forgotten. What size tank is yours in?

He's just in a 10 gallon right now. I'm in process of moving him to a bigger tank but my husband said I have t wait until after the move.

Back
Top Bottom