Nerite Snail question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bkiggy

Aquarium Advice Addict
I got my Nerite Snail a year ago. He used to do circles around my tank he was soooooo active. Now, not so much. Stays in one place, "falls" a lot. Like will be on glass and then, like, loses suction and falls off??...... Is he dying ?

I got my Nerite Snail a year ago. He used to do circles around my tank he was soooooo active. Now, not so much. Stays in one place, "falls" a lot. Like will be on glass and then, like, loses suction and falls off??...... Is he dying ?

Both of my nerites did the same thing.
When I got them they were turbo snails.
And one day they stopped moving and staying one place for days on end. Maybe someone on here knows why they do they do this cause I sure don't.

Mine do the same, I've had them for 3 years and when I first got them they were everywhere but now they can sit for days in the same place. I've also seen my fall off glass or my filter they usually just get back up and wander off, i put mine down to the age of them but I could be wrong. Lesley

53 gallon elephant nose tank
16 gallon Giant African shrimp tank

I'm starting to think it is an age thing. I have 3 "little" ones and they are turbo snails. This one is 2x the size and doesn't move hardly

That's what I think as well, my young one's are always on the move compared to the older one's, I've actually got one missing! Emptied the tank and can't find it think it's gone for a walk.

53 gallon elephant nose tank
16 gallon Giant African shrimp tank

So funny thing. My snail has been in the same position in the gravel, for two days and hasn't moved, so I reached in to check on him this morning, and the shell is empty. O_ô
Did somebody eat my snail or is there a slug on the loose in my tank now

So funny thing. My snail has been in the same position in the gravel, for two days and hasn't moved, so I reached in to check on him this morning, and the shell is empty. O_ô
Did somebody eat my snail or is there a slug on the loose in my tank now

Probably died and maybe eaten.

Back
Top Bottom