Nerite snails

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sedgy90

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hi guys I am thing of getting a nerite snail or two, and have a few questions.

I know they dont multiply but they lay eggs. Will my ottos, neons or head and taillight tetras eat the eggs or will i be forever cleaning eggs off?

I have a heavily planted tank (aquaskape) will they munch all my plants or will they only eat dead or dying plants?

Are they too heavy to cross grass. E.g elocharis acicularis? I ask because my tank design is an island so I want to make sure they can get to the rocks.

Will they escape my tank? My lid is v heavy but doesnt 100% seal the tank at the back. Only 1cm gap.

Thanks.

sedgy90 said:
Hi guys I am thing of getting a nerite snail or two, and have a few questions.

I know they dont multiply but they lay eggs. Will my ottos, neons or head and taillight tetras eat the eggs or will i be forever cleaning eggs off?

I have a heavily planted tank (aquaskape) will they munch all my plants or will they only eat dead or dying plants?

Are they too heavy to cross grass. E.g elocharis acicularis? I ask because my tank design is an island so I want to make sure they can get to the rocks.

Will they escape my tank? My lid is v heavy but doesnt 100% seal the tank at the back. Only 1cm gap.

Thanks.
I have nerites, they won't munch your healthy plants. If you want them too clean your plants the horned ones would be better their much lighter & can clean delicate plants easy. They shouldn't leave your tank so it shouldn't be a problem.
:)

Back
Top Bottom