Nerite Snails

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Pro- great cleaners

Con- splatter eggs all over. Really not bad though. Free fish food :)

I love nerites. They really are a greet cleaner upper and the spiked snails are bad a$$ looking.

super cleaners, mine keep my tank beautiful. they do lay lots of white eggs everywhere that won't hatch in freshwater. my fish don't eat them so I am left with lots of little white dots. still better than algae though

Some people don't have issues with the eggs, some do. I just got three nerites yesterday and then learned they can scatter eggs everywhere. :( Most of what I read said that fish won't eat the eggs, so that stinks.

I'll keep ya' posted!

Some people don't have issues with the eggs, some do. I just got three nerites yesterday and then learned they can scatter eggs everywhere. :( Most of what I read said that fish won't eat the eggs, so that stinks.

I'll keep ya' posted!

Great! I just got 3 yesterday as well and just learning about the egg thing too...I guess I won't argue with that since I can remove them and yet have a clean tank without a million snails I didn't ask for....

Their eggs are not easy to remove lol. But they are excellent algae eaters!

Actually donated my Nerite Snails to my kids kindergarten was getting annoyed of the constant scraping off eggs every week, they were even laying eggs on my Orange Rock Snail, that was the last straw.
Now I have 6 Apple Snails (Golden, Pink and Blue 2 of Each), they all do a thorough job of cleaning the glass and dont leave annoying eggs all over the place(y)

Back
Top Bottom