Nerite snails

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Fin35

Aquarium Advice Activist
Is it common for these guy to end up upside down? I got 2 zebra and one tiger nerite snail, they are alive. Once I put them in tank I saw one upside down trying to right himself. I didn’t wait to see if he could, I helped him by putting him near glass and he attached. A few hours later the other one was upside down. Do these guys need to be on glass in order to not fall? I have sand substrate. Also, do I need to attach algae Wafers to glass?

Lol yeah mine do that too sometimes. Probably more often when they’re getting used to a new substrate/ tank.

But even after they’ve been there for a while they still occasionally get stuck. Most of the time they can eventually right themselves but I just turn them back over when I see it.

If they’re in a big enough tank they probably won’t need wafers at all. Mine ignore them and eat biofilm everywhere. If you do need to supplementally feed, no, you don’t need to stick it to the glass.

Back
Top Bottom