Nerite Zebras At top of tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Almisa

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Bought about 20 beautiful nerite zebra snails a month ago. I lost I would say half due to hasty assimilation to my tank. But the weirdest thing is that this group stay in the top crevices of my tank....a few have even climbed out! I bought them to help with algae control and have had them before...but what's up with that? A few of them are down under doing their job....this is a 60 gal discus planted tank....

Almisa said:
Bought about 20 beautiful nerite zebra snails a month ago. I lost I would say half due to hasty assimilation to my tank. But the weirdest thing is that this group stay in the top crevices of my tank....a few have even climbed out! I bought them to help with algae control and have had them before...but what's up with that? A few of them are down under doing their job....this is a 60 gal discus planted tank....

Mine do it alot. they are just traveling. they go up and down the glass all day just eating away.

Also are your dicus acting funny cause low O2 levels can lead them to go to the surface to breath

Also are your dicus acting funny cause low O2 levels can lead them to go to the surface to breath

no - my discus are absolutely great...thanks.

i started thinking that i use a little Aquarisol every once and a while - perhaps once every few weeks - as a preventive treatment and although that using it a lot will affect invertabrates because of the copper,in general, I notice that the pesty tiny snails that I am constantly battling (theyr're not really too,too bad) are not affected by it at all. Perhaps the Nerites are more sensitive - because my four biggest nerites don't appear to being going up and down the glass at all.

Anyway - thanks for the response.

Back
Top Bottom