New bamboo shrimp

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Angela1108

Aquarium Advice Addict
Hi guys! I just picked up 2 bamboo shrimp. I was wondering of there are any ways to sex them?

And other than them hiding is there a way to tell they are about to molt?

I just acclimated and added ours today. Both are fanning/feeding and seem to be doing well- I've read a lot hide for a while when you first get them ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1409518364.379592.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1409518378.594240.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Honestly I dont know what sex they are. they may not be sexable? when my RCS get ready to molt they get this white line over the length of their body.

I am thinking the one I thought was maybe molting was just unhappy at the petstore. They've both gotten a lot more red than when I got them :) they're fanning nicely so it looks all good!

In don't usually shop petco but none of my lfs could get bamboo shrimp :/ so we went with longer acclimation and qt/watching before they went into the tank. And only 2 to start. We plan on more but I don't 100% trust petco so we are going slow.

Thanks for replying

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Back
Top Bottom