new here looking for help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LostAngel

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Im new here and looking for help with my cayfish. i have 2 red crayfish in a 10 gallon tank. have only had them for about a week. they have been doing ok but when i came home this afternoon i one of them had molted i guess not sure whic one. then when i was about to feed them tonight i noticed there is a few tiny babies in there. never noticed eggs so dont know what to do now

Cool, what kind of crayfish is it? When you say red is it a orange dwarf or a Clarkii? Don't know, how big are they? If over 3" it is a Clarkii and you will need a biger tank ASAP. Also, crayfish tend to murder eachother when some poor soul molts. Make sure to have plenty of hiding spots-likely calls for alarger tank. Also, baby crayfish are really bad about killing their brothers and sisters during molts as they are in limited space with limit resources in nature.

I'll take some of those babys if you decide to get rid of them.

hi

They are red swamp crayfish. About 4 in right now.they get along fine and don't fight at all. They each have a home in there and I tend to find them together. As for therapies I'm not sure how many are still in there but if any do survive yes I'm getting rid of them

Back
Top Bottom